Goldleaf Surety Services will be hosting a Construction Law Seminar on Tuesday, March 7th. This seminar will be held at the Holiday Inn, 150 South Nicolet Road, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Presenters will be attorneys David Dewick and Nicholas Linz from the law firm of Hager, Dewick & Zuengler in Green Bay. Dave has extensive experience on a wide range of complex business and real estate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, formation and capitalization of business entities, buy/sell agreements, strategic planning, and general counsel matters. Nick assists his clients in a wide range of business and civil litigation needs including employment matters, contracts, residential and commercial real estate matters, easements and commercial tax disputes.
The agenda will include the following:
- Legal Tips for Getting Paid
- How to Use the Legal System to get Paid
- Filing and Enforcement of Construction Liens
- Release of Construction Liens
- Important Contract Terms Regarding Payment
- Oft Negotiated Contract Terms
- Incorporation of Owner/General Contractor’s Contract
- Change Orders/Delays
- Damages/Dispute Resolution/Remedies
- Limitation of Liability
Registration begins at 8:00 am, and the seminar will be held from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm with lunch to follow.
If you would like more information or are interested in joining us this free seminar, please contact Goldleaf Surety Services at 1-888-294-6747.