Keynote Speaker was Attorney Mark R. Becker. Mark is a shareholder in the law firm of Fabyanske, Westra, Hart & Thomson in Minneapolis. Mark’s practice areas include construction; commercial litigation; public bidding and procurement; and arbitration and mediation. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry; the Minnesota Bar Association, Construction Law Section; Associated General Contractors of Minnesota, Best Value and Legislative Committees, Co-Chair of the P3 Committee; and Minnesota Construction Association.
The seminar’s agenda included the following presentations by CliftonLarsonAllen:
- Affordable Care Act Construction Related Issues, Amy Hinzmann, CPA
- Deferred Tax Treatment in Pass-Through Entities, Joseph Duda, CPA
- Why Do Only Some Succession Plans Work, Darrel Mullenbach, CPA
And the following topics by the keynote speaker, Mark R. Becker:
- Responsible Contractor Act: Lessons from the 2015 Bidding Season
- Troublesome Contract Clauses: How to Spot and Deal with Killer Clauses
- Preparing a Construction Delay Claim: What to do and How to do it!
Over the next several blog posts, we will look at some of these topics in more detail.
Goldleaf Surety Services would like to thank all of our presenters for an excellent seminar! We would also like to thank our contractors who took time from their busy schedules to attend the seminar this year!